What are potential complications of an allograft (donor tissue)?

The following are risks and potential complications of an allograft procedure:

• Even with antibiotics and careful sterile techniques, in any surgery, there is a small risk of infection or reaction to anesthesia.
  • Infection from transplanted tissue is extremely rare.
  • Your doctor will discuss with you any risks for your specific type of allograft.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What is an allograft?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An allograft is tissue that is transplanted from one person to another. The prefix allo comes fr...
What can I do if I am not on a Medicare Part B plan for a transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Transplant recipients not eligible for Medicare Part B will have access to immunosuppressive and non...
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?