What is the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR)?

The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) is a database which keeps track of statistical information regarding organ transplants. 
The SRTR maintains data on each facet of the transplantation and donation process that the registry collects from hospitals, local Organ Procurement Organizations and the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Researchers, analysts, policy-makers and doctors use this information to set priorities and seek improvements in the organ donation process. Arbor Research Collaborative for Health, based in Ann Arbor, Mich., maintains the database.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What will happen if I refuse to accept a CDC high-risk donor organ?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
The final decision to accept a CDC high-risk donor organ rests with the patient. People who decide t...
How can I donate my body?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Full body donations are used by teaching institutions to train doctors, to advance the study of the ...
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?