Can organ donation cost money to my family after my death?

No, organ donation will not cost you or your family anything. Your family pays for your medical care and funeral costs, but not for organ donation. Costs related to donation are paid by the recipient, usually through insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What can I do if I am not on a Medicare Part B plan for a transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Transplant recipients not eligible for Medicare Part B will have access to immunosuppressive and non...
What will my transplant social worker do?
Transplant social workers are specially trained in the unique financial, education and support needs...
What Are the Challenges to Growing Human Cells Outside the Body?
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?