What if I change my mind after signing an organ and tissue donor registry?

If you should change your mind after you enroll, you should tell your health-care provider and your family that you have changed your mind. You should also write to the Department of Health (New York State Organ and Tissue Donor Registry, New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Standards Development, 433 River Street, Hedley Park Place, 6th Floor, Troy, New York 12180) to have your name removed from the Registry. If you signed the back of your driver's license, you should cross out the information.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

If I sign an organ donor card, will my wishes be carried out?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Even if you sign a donor card, it is essential that your family know your wishes. Your family may be...
How can I stay healthy after an organ transplant?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Snowboarder Chris Klug talks about how to maintain your health after an organ transplant.    
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?