What is National Donate Life Month and why was it created?

Katrina Bramstedt, PhD
Health Education
In the USA, this event is celebrated in April each year and it commemorates the gift of life -- organ and tissue donation. It is a time of remembrance, reflecting on the donations of organs and tissues; and a time to actively encourage adults to register to be donors. It is also a time to remember the patients who are currently waiting for a transplant, and those who have died while waiting.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What is organ rejection?
Susan M. Lerner, MDSusan M. Lerner, MD
Organ rejection occurs when a transplanted organ is attackedby the recipient’s immune system. To red...
What should I do if I need an organ or tissue transplant?
Katrina Bramstedt, PhDKatrina Bramstedt, PhD
Ask your physician to refer you to a transplant hospital for an evaluation to determine if you are a...
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?
How Does the Body Self-Regenerate?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?