How long will I need to take medication after an organ transplant?

Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergy & Immunology
People who receive a new heart or liver face a lifetime of medication to keep their bodies from rejecting the new organ. The body is effectively "allergic" to the new organ, much as we would like it not to be.
Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide

Asthma and allergies are at epidemic proportions. It doesn't have to be that way. Two experienced pediatric allergists tell everything a conscientious parent needs to know about these conditions,...

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

Can I donate with a medical condition?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes, you can donate with a medical condition. Transplant professionals will evaluate the condition o...
Why is it important to put my organ-donation wishes in writing?
If you (or a loved one for whom you might speak for one day) want to donate organs to needy recipien...
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?