How can I donate my body?

Full body donations are used by teaching institutions to train doctors, to advance the study of the human body and to perfect forensic research and investigative techniques.

If you would like to donate your body, be sure to include your desire in your will.

Generally, organs cannot be removed from a body intended for research purposes.

When you die, the institute of your choice will be notified. A representative will ask about the cause of death and the condition of the body to determine whether the donation can be accepted. A funeral service can be done, but the body typically requires a different kind of embalming process.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What is an organ transplant?
An organ transplant is surgery to replace an organ that is no longer working. Examples include, a lu...
What do I need to do to ensure my organs are donated once I die?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Many people who need transplants of organs and tissues cannot get them because of a shortage of dona...
The Science of Regenerative Medicine
The Science of Regenerative Medicine
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?