Can I donate with a medical condition?

Yes, you can donate with a medical condition. Transplant professionals will evaluate the condition of your organs at the time of your death and determine if your organs are suitable for donation. You should consider yourself a potential organ and tissue donor, indicate your intent to donate on your driver's license, donor card, or state donor registry, and discuss your decision with family members.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

What is an allograft?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An allograft is tissue that is transplanted from one person to another. The prefix allo comes fr...
What should I do if I need an organ or tissue transplant?
Katrina Bramstedt, PhDKatrina Bramstedt, PhD
Ask your physician to refer you to a transplant hospital for an evaluation to determine if you are a...
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?