Can I donate organs as well as my body to medical science?

Total body donation generally is not an option if you choose to be an organ and tissue donor. However, eye donors may be accepted by most institutions. Some medical schools and research organizations do accept organ donors for research. If you wish to donate your entire body, contact the medical organization of your choice directly, and make the required arrangements. Medical schools, research facilities, and other agencies study bodies to understand how various diseases affect human beings. This research is vital to saving and improving lives.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

Do the rich or famous get organ transplants faster than "regular" people?
Katrina Bramstedt, PhDKatrina Bramstedt, PhD
It is unethical to allocate organs to people according to their occupation or their wealth status. I...
What can I expect while waiting for an organ donation?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Snowboarder Chris Klug discusses the toughest part of organ transplants--waiting for an organ match....
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?
How Do You Grow an Artificial Organ?