Can I donate organs as well as my body to medical science?

Total body donation generally is not an option if you choose to be an organ and tissue donor. However, eye donors may be accepted by most institutions. Some medical schools and research organizations do accept organ donors for research. If you wish to donate your entire body, contact the medical organization of your choice directly, and make the required arrangements. Medical schools, research facilities, and other agencies study bodies to understand how various diseases affect human beings. This research is vital to saving and improving lives.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

How does a donated organ reach its recipient?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When a patient dies, the hospital must contact the local Organ Procurement Organization (OPO). A mem...
What are expanded criteria organs?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Aggressive expanded criteria protocols enable surgeons at both transplant programs to safely use mor...
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
Will We Be Able to Print 3D Organs?
The Science of Regenerative Medicine
The Science of Regenerative Medicine