Can I sell my organs?

No, you cannot sell your organs. The National Organ Transplant Act (Public Law 98-507) makes it illegal to sell human organs and tissues in the United States. Violators are subject to fines and imprisonment. The Congress made this law to ensure that the wealthy do not have an unfair advantage for obtaining donated organs and tissues.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Continue Learning about Organ Transplants & Health Care

Does every hospital have access to all organ transplants?
Ronald MartinRonald Martin
All hospitals do not have access to every organ for transplants. In this video, Ronald Martin, RN, w...
How does a donated organ reach its recipient?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When a patient dies, the hospital must contact the local Organ Procurement Organization (OPO). A mem...
What Is the Promise of Regenerative Medicine?
The Science of Regenerative Medicine
The Science of Regenerative Medicine