What are the treatment options for oral herpes?

While there is no cure for oral herpes, there are treatment options that can help to ease and manage symptoms. If the infection is mild, reduce irritation by cleaning the sore with water and soap and icing the area. Antiviral medications like acyclovir, valacyclovir, or famciclovir can help soothe any discomfort and heal your cold sores faster, too.

Continue Learning about Oral Herpes (Cold Sores)

If I have a cold sore, how long is it contagious?
As long as you have a cold sore, the virus is still contagious. An outbreak of oral herpes should go...
Will my cold sore go away by itself?
An outbreak of oral herpes, or cold sores, should go away on its own in about one or two weeks. Anti...
Is a fever blister on the mouth, herpes simplex 1?
MediGuardMediGuard
Yes, a fever blister on the mouth is herpes simplex 1.  It can also be triggered by sun exposure, so...
What is the difference between cold sores and shingles?
Colds sores and shingles are distinct viruses, but you can think of them as cousins since they have ...