Should I talk to my doctor about my oral herpes symptoms?

There is no cure for oral herpes. Once you catch the virus, it remains in your body, and you can have outbreaks of the infection from time to time. In most cases, a cold sore will go away on its own in one to two weeks. However, if you have frequent outbreaks, or if your symptoms are particularly painful, you should talk to your doctor. Your doctor can recommend medications to help ease and manage your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Oral Herpes (Cold Sores)

What is the difference between cold sores and shingles?
Colds sores and shingles are distinct viruses, but you can think of them as cousins since they have ...
Is oral herpes contagious?
Herpes simplex, the virus that causes oral herpes, is contagious. To prevent catching the virus,...
Is a fever blister on the mouth, herpes simplex 1?
MediGuardMediGuard
Yes, a fever blister on the mouth is herpes simplex 1.  It can also be triggered by sun exposure, so...
Can oral herpes spread to other parts of the body?
It is possible to spread oral herpes to other parts of the body. Although cold sores tend to develop...