How do I manage my oral herpes on a daily basis?

Oral herpes, or cold sores, should go away on its own in about one to two weeks. However, over-the-counter ointments such as lidocaine or benzocaine or pain relievers such as aspirin can help you manage your symptoms during this time. Icing the area can help to relieve any irritation, too.

Continue Learning about Oral Herpes (Cold Sores)

How long do cold sores last?
Oral herpes, or cold sores, goes away on its own in about one to two weeks. Taken early, antiviral m...
Will my cold sore go away by itself?
An outbreak of oral herpes, or cold sores, should go away on its own in about one or two weeks. Anti...
Can oral herpes spread to other parts of the body?
It is possible to spread oral herpes to other parts of the body. Although cold sores tend to develop...
What is the difference between cold sores and shingles?
Colds sores and shingles are distinct viruses, but you can think of them as cousins since they have ...