How do I know if I might be developing a cold sore?

Oftentimes, people who have oral herpes will be able to tell when a cold sore is beginning to develop. A tingling sensation or slight pain in the lip area will begin a couple of days before a cold sore actually surfaces. If you experience these symptoms, using an antiviral medication right away can help to manage the outbreak and heal your cold sore faster.

Continue Learning about Oral Herpes (Cold Sores)

How long do cold sores last?
Oral herpes, or cold sores, goes away on its own in about one to two weeks. Taken early, antiviral m...
Can oral herpes spread to other parts of the body?
It is possible to spread oral herpes to other parts of the body. Although cold sores tend to develop...
Will my cold sore go away by itself?
An outbreak of oral herpes, or cold sores, should go away on its own in about one or two weeks. Anti...
What is oral herpes?
Oral herpes, or cold sores, develop as a result of the herpes simplex virus. Herpes simplex virus ty...