Why did my doctor tell me to take ranibizumab?

Ranibizumab is generally prescribed for two reasons. One is to treat a disease called “wet” age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This disease is more common in older people and causes gradual vision loss due to the growth of new, abnormal blood vessels at the back of the eye. Ranibizumab is also used to treat swelling in the back of the eye caused by a blood clot, known as a retinal vein occlusion.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
Are there any non-drug substances that can interact with NSAIDs?
People who take aspirin should not receive chickenpox vaccine. If you take an NSAID, you should be ...
What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...