Who should use Zymaxid?

You may be prescribed Zymaxid if you have a bacterial eye infection. This medication is usually prescribed for bacterial conjunctivitis. This is a common, contagious condition usually referred to as pink eye, because it causes redness in the whites of the eyes. It is more common in children, but adults also can suffer from this condition. Zymaxid is an antibiotic and does not treat viral infections.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...