Who should not use Pataday?

You should not use Pataday if you are allergic to the active ingredient, olopatadine. Pataday relieves symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis and should not be used to treat contact lens irritation. You should not use Pataday if you are wearing contact lenses and they must be removed prior to use. No studies have been done to determine whether Pataday is effective or safe for use in young children so Pataday eye drops are not recommended for use in children younger than three years.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...
How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...