Who should not use tobramycin and dexamethasone?

You should not use the combination drug tobramycin and dexamethasone (TobraDex), an antibiotic ointment or drops used to treat various eye infections, if:
  • you know you're allergic to this drug or other antibiotics
  • you're pregnant or plan to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding, because the drug might affect a developing fetus or breastfeeding baby
If you wear contact lenses, you shouldn't wear them if you have an eye infection or while using tobramycin and dexamethasone. Be sure to tell your doctor about any other medications you're taking, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and other eye medications.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What should I know about using nedocromil eye drops?
Nedocromil (Alocril) eye drops are used to relieve itching, watering and burning associated with all...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...