When should I call my doctor if I am receiving Eylea?

If you're receiving injections of Eylea (aflibercept) to treat neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration, call your doctor immediately if you're seeing flashes of light or have eye redness or pain, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, bleeding in or around the eye, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or faintness, or weakness in one arm or leg. These symptoms could be signs of more serious side effects including retinal detachment, stroke or heart attack.

You should also let your doctor know about any bothersome side effects of Eylea that won't go away, such as broken blood vessels or increased blood flow in the conjunctiva (the membrane over the white of the eye), eye pain, floaters, dull or cloudy vision (a symptom of cataracts), tearing or swelling, or the feeling that something is in the eye.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...