What tests will I get while I am on ranibizumab?

Your doctor will probably do tests to check that the pressure within your eye is not getting abnormally high after your injection of ranibizumab (brand name Lucentis). Your doctor may check your eye pressure within 30 minutes of the injection and may check again a few days later.

The doctor will also watch you for signs of endophthalmitis, an infection and inflammation that happens within the eyeball. He or she may ask you about vision changes, eye pain or unusual sensitivity to light, which are all indicators of an infection. Your doctor also will check to make sure that a part of the eye called the optic nerve head has not been affected by the injection.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...