What should I know about Ak-Fluor before taking it?

Ak-Fluor (fluorescein) is used in several diagnostic tests that are performed to find problems in the eye. Here's what to expect: Generally, Ak-Fluor will be injected into a vein in your arm and will quickly travel through your veins into your eye. Your doctor will then use a special camera to see the dye in your eye's capillaries and will be able to tell whether the blood flow has been interrupted, which may suggest a problem.  It's unlikely that you'll experience any side effects other than a temporary staining of the skin where it was injected and the temporary dying of your urine (it may turn bright yellow). If other symptoms develop, talk to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...
What should I know before taking tetrahydrozoline eye drops?
Tetrahydrolozine is intended for people with red, sore, irritated or dry eyes. If your eyes are irri...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...