What are the possible side effects of Eylea?

Possible side effects of Eylea (aflibercept), which is injected into the eye to treat neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD), include broken blood vessels or increased blood flow in the conjunctiva (the membrane over the white of the eye), eye pain, cataracts, vitreous detachment or floaters, increased pressure in the eye, tearing or swelling, or the feeling that something is in your eye.

Call your doctor immediately if after you receive Eylea you see flashes of light or have eye redness or pain, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, bleeding in or around the eye, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or faintness, or weakness in one arm or leg. These symptoms could be signs of more serious side effects including retinal detachment, stroke or heart attack.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
What should I know before taking tetrahydrozoline eye drops?
Tetrahydrolozine is intended for people with red, sore, irritated or dry eyes. If your eyes are irri...
What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...