What should I know about Eylea before receiving it?

Before you receive Eylea (aflibercept), you should know that you'll need to plan regular visits to your doctor. Eylea is injected into the eye once a month for three months, and then every two months thereafter to treat neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Your doctor will clean and numb your eye before the injection, and will check your eyes afterwards. You should not drive or use machinery immediately following the injection.

You should also be aware of the possible side effects of Eylea. These include eye redness or pain, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, bleeding in or around the eye, seeing flashes of light or small floating specks, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or faintness, and weakness in one arm or leg. Let your doctor know right away if you have any of these symptoms. Eylea should not be used if you have an existing eye infection or swelling in or near the eye.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...