What should I know about Lucentis (ranibizumab) before taking it?

Before taking Lucentis (ranibizumab), you should be aware of the risks and side effects that are associated with this medicine. Lucentis may cause inflammation of the eye and also cause the retina of the eye to detach. Also, pregnant or nursing women and people who are allergic to Lucentis should not take it.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
Do any other drugs interact with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you are taking methotrexate, NSAIDs can lead to serious side effects and should be avoided. If y...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...