What is verteporfin injection?

Verteporfin injection is a prescription medicine for healing leaking blood vessels in the eye. Verteporfin clots blood, helping the vision of those with macular degeneration, histoplasmosis infections and pathologic myopia. Verteporfin is available under the brand name Visudyne. Your doctor or ophthalmologist will be able to tell you if verteporfin is right for you.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about using nedocromil eye drops?
Nedocromil (Alocril) eye drops are used to relieve itching, watering and burning associated with all...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...