What is verteporfin?

Verteporfin (Visudyne) is an intravenous injection that is prescribed to treat abnormalities of the blood vessels in your eyes caused by macular degeneration. Verteporfin is used with laser light therapy to increase the eye's sensitivity to light.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...