What is Tobradex?

Tobradex is the brand name of an eye medication that contains two active ingredients: tobramycin and dexamethasone. It is available as an eye drop suspension or an eye ointment. It is used to treat eye infections and the accompanying inflammation. Tobramycin is an antibiotic that kills susceptible bacteria that causes the infection. Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces the swelling and discomfort that can be associated with the infection.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...