What is rimexolone?

Rimexolone is a prescription drug known as a corticosteroid. It is used to alleviate swelling and inflammation in the eyes caused by eye surgery, an infection or injury. It works by stopping the body processes that cause swelling to occur. Rimexolone is administered via eye drops and can be found under the brand name Vexol.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know before taking tetrahydrozoline eye drops?
Tetrahydrolozine is intended for people with red, sore, irritated or dry eyes. If your eyes are irri...