What is Nedocromil?

Nedocromil is the active ingredient in a medication that was used to treat symptoms of asthma, including trouble breathing, shortness of breath and wheezing. The brand name was Tilade and it is no longer available in the US. The medication prevents the release of chemicals in your body that cause swelling in your airways. Nedocromil should be used regularly to reduce lung inflammation. You also should take this medication if you know you are going to be exposed to allergens, such as chemicals, pollutants and cold air, to help prevent an asthma attack. However, nedocromil does not help if an asthma attack has already started. This medication may be taken together with other asthma medications and steroids. Nedocromil is only available in an eye drop for allergy related itchy eyes sold under the brand name Alocril.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know before taking tetrahydrozoline eye drops?
Tetrahydrolozine is intended for people with red, sore, irritated or dry eyes. If your eyes are irri...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...