What is Maxitrol?

Maxitrol is the brand name of a medication that is used to treat the irritation, burning, swelling and redness that can accompany an eye infection. Maxitrol is classed as an ophthalmic anti-infective and anti-inflammatory. It is made up of the drugs dexamethasone, neomycin and polymyxin B. Neomycin and polymyxin B are antibiotics that treat the infection in the eye, and dexamethasone is a steroid that helps decrease the swelling and pain that may accompany an infection.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...