What is Lucentis (ranibizumab)?

Lucentis (ranibizumab) is a prescription medication that is used to treat neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Wet AMD usually affects people who are older than age 50 and causes vision loss in the central area of the eye. Lucentis works by stopping blood vessel growth that causes wet AMD and is given by a doctor through a shot in the eye once a month. This medication can help restore vision in people with wet AMD.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...