What is lodoxamide?

Lodoxamide is a prescription anti-allergy medication that is used to treat a variety of problems with the eye. It is a type of mast cell stabilizer that comes in eye drop form and works to deter the discharge of chemicals that lead to eye inflammation. Lodoxamide is the active ingredient in this medication, and the brand name for it is Alomide. There are currently no generic versions of lodoxamidee available.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...
Do any other drugs interact with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you are taking methotrexate, NSAIDs can lead to serious side effects and should be avoided. If y...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...