What is ketotifen fumarate?

Ketotifen fumarate is a topical ophthalmic antihistamine. It is available over-the-counter as eyedrops. Its primary use is relief for allergies causing itching of the eyes and is sold under the brand name Zaditor. The dose is 1 drop in each affected eye, twice daily, every 8 to 12 hours.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
What should I know about using nedocromil eye drops?
Nedocromil (Alocril) eye drops are used to relieve itching, watering and burning associated with all...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...