What is hypromellose?

Hypromellose is used in a number of medications that provide artificial tears to relieve eye dryness and irritation. It is also used to moisten artificial eyes and contact lenses. It is available in many over-the-counter products as a gel or liquid solution. Hypromellose is also the generic ingredient in many prescription drugs that are used for more serious problems or for eye surgery or examinations. Dosage depends on the condition and the type of product used.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...
What should I know before taking tetrahydrozoline eye drops?
Tetrahydrolozine is intended for people with red, sore, irritated or dry eyes. If your eyes are irri...
What should I know about using nedocromil eye drops?
Nedocromil (Alocril) eye drops are used to relieve itching, watering and burning associated with all...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...