What is hydroxypropylmethylcellulose?

Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is a solution that is used to lubricate and protect the eyes. It may be used as a tear supplement for people with dry or irritated eyes, a protectant for the eyes during certain diagnostic procedures, and an aid for certain surgical procedures of the eyes. The brand name for hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is Ocucoat.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...