What is gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution (Zymar)?

Gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution is a prescription sterile eye drop solution used to treat eye infections caused by susceptible bacteria. This medication belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. Gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution works by stopping the formation of bacteria. In the absence of protein the bacteria die, and the resultant eye infection can clear. Gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution is sold under the brand name Zymar.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...