What is gatifloxacin?

Gatifloxacin is a prescription antibiotic that is used to treat infections. This medication belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluroquinolone.

Gatifloxacin works specifically by inhibiting the synthesis of protein that is needed by certain bacteria to live. There are two versions of this medication that is available. A tablet version as well as an injection version of gatifloxacin can be prescribed. Gatifloxacin tablets were removed from the market in the United States in 2006.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...