What is fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension?

Fluorometholone is the name of the active ingredient in prescription ophthalmic suspension products (brand names FML Forte and FML Liquifilm). It is a steroid eye drop that reduces eye inflammation and swelling due to infection, surgery, injury and other causes. This medication works by preventing the release of substances in the body that lead to inflammation.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...