What is fluorescein angiography?

For a very accurate eye exam, your doctor may give you an eye test called fluorescein angiography. An orange-red dye called fluorescein is a sterile dye that is injected into the arm's veins. This dye help provide a clearer picture of the eyes’ interior. The test then quickly photographs the inner eye. Your eye doctor uses this test to examine the eye’s retina, cornea and choroid. The photographs act like a “map.” Doctors use them to check on these regions’ blood flow. They also look for any damage or foreign bodies.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...