What is clioquinol/hydrocortisone (Vioform HC)?

Vioform HC is not currently available in the United States, however, it may be available elsewhere. Clioquinol and hydrocortisone (Vioform HC) is a topical prescription medication used to treat different types of skin infections. These include athlete's foot and jock itch, eczema and ringworm. Clioquinol is an antifungal agent and hydrocortisone is a steroid medication that helps treat itching, redness and inflammation.  It is applied to the skin as a cream. The typical directions call for application two to four times every day (or every six to 12 hours) for four weeks. Jock itch only requires two weeks of treatment.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...