What is Alocril?

Alocril is the brand name of an eyedrop product with the active incredient called nedocromil. It is used to treat eye-related symptoms of allergies like inflammation, itchiness and redness. As part of the drug class called mast cell stabilizers, Alocril stops allergy symptoms of the eye by blocking histamine from being released by the mast cells. Nedocromil is only available as the brand name eye drop with no generic equivalent. Alocril is available only by prescription.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...