What is flurbiprofen ophthalmic solution?

Flurbiprofen ophthalmic solution is the active ingredient in the prescription brand name drug Ocufen. It helps to keep the pupil from constricting during eye surgery. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and works by blocking the release of a group of hormones known as prostaglandins, which cause the pupil to constrict.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...