What should I avoid while taking hypromellose?

Hypromellose is generally safe to use, and there are no major lifestyle changes that need to be made while you are taking it. You should not use any other eye drops, including over-the-counter products, while taking this medication. The eye dropper should not touch any surface while administering the medication in order to avoid contamination. If this drug causes blurred or distorted vision, you may want to wait for this side effect to subside before you drive or engage in another activity that requires clear vision.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...