Is it safe for me to be given Ak-Fluor if I am breastfeeding?

You should be cautious about taking Ak-Fluor if you are breastfeeding. Studies show that, if you are injected with Ak-Fluor, the active ingredient, fluorescein, will show up in your breast milk. However, it is unknown whether this chemical is harmful to a nursing baby. Talk to your doctor or healthcare provider about your questions or concerns.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...
What should I know about Tobradex eye drops?
Tobradex eye drops are used to treat eye infection and inflammation by combining the antibiotic tobr...