What are the side effects of Provisc?

Provisc (sodium hyaluronate), a synthetic form of a fluid in your eyes that was once used during cataract surgery and intraocular lens implantation in the U.S. Provisc contains natural rubber (latex) and should not be used in patients with a known latex allergy. Provisc can cause ocular hypertension (increased pressure within the eye), and may cause inflammation and swelling of the cornea.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...