Should I let my doctor know I am taking hypromellose?

If you are taking hypromellose as part of a prescription, your doctor will already know of your usage. If you are using an over-the-counter artificial tears formulation, you may only need to talk to your doctor about it if you are   worried about your potential for allergic reaction. Also, it is not known if hypromellose is harmful to the fetus or whether it is passed through breast milk. Speak with your doctor if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...