Is it safe to use Alamast drops if I am pregnant?

It is unknown if it is safe for pregnant women to use Alamast. In animal studies, Alamast has been found to increase the risk of birth defects and fertility problems. However, these studies are not necessarily good predictors of how the drug will affect humans and to date no human studies have been conducted. Talk with your doctor about whether the benefits in using Alamast outweigh any possible risks.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
What should I know about using nedocromil eye drops?
Nedocromil (Alocril) eye drops are used to relieve itching, watering and burning associated with all...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...