Is it safe for an elderly person to be given Ak-Fluor?

Ak-Fluor is safe for the elderly. Studies show it works as well and as safely in diagnosing eye troubles in the elderly as in younger adults. Be sure to warn your elderly family member or friend that he might experience side effects such as nausea, bright yellow urine or an unpleasant taste in his mouth. However, these symptoms disappear in a few hours or up to a few days. Talk with the doctor or healthcare provider if you have questions or concerns.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
What should I know about cellulose eye drops before using it?
Side effects of cellulose eye drops include: temporary blurred vision, light sensitivity, eyelash st...