Is it safe to get ranibizumab if I am pregnant?

You should not get ranibizumab (brand name Lucentis) while you're pregnant unless you absolutely need it. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined that a risk to the developing fetus cannot be ruled out if a pregnant woman receives this drug. There is no information available, from studies done on animals or in humans, to determine whether this medication is safe to take during pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...