How does Maxitrol interact with other medications or food?

Maxitrol (neomycin-polymyxin B-dexamethasone) should not be used with other eye medications. If it is necessary, it should only be used under your doctor's supervision. Your doctor also needs to know if you are using an oral steroid, such as prednisone. Otherwise, there are no other food or drug interactions known for Maxitrol, but you should be sure that your doctor is aware of all of the drugs that you are using, including over-the-counter medications and vitamin supplements, before you start using Maxitrol.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...